Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Teapot Tuesday

Yet another refugee from the back of one of my unfinished shelves of pots.  I seem to have some dim memory of experimenting with slip with slip trailing, but that is only a guess.

I've decided that a cool thing about pots like this is that I no longer have anything invested in them so am free to experiment with glazes.  I'm going to once fire this after glazing it with Spectrum Clear, decorations and a coat of lightly (I hope) tinted clear.


 Originally there were no tea bags so all tea was brewed in a pot.  I still use only loose tea, although I do have some filters on hand so I can make my own bags for travel.  I brew a good sized pot every morning, no matter the weather.  On a hot afternoon like today I make frozen tea coolata with almond milk.

I use fine mesh baskets that fit inside my pots.  Tea baskets have a long history.  I am thinking about making them to go in teapots that I make.

Lori has some nice thoughts about teapots on her blog today.  Gary has a beauty in emerald green!

Take a look at Lori's and Gary's blogs for more neat teapots.  Any other teapotters out there? Let us know you're around!

Enjoy our sunny summer days.  As always, thanks for stopping by..........*s*

6 comments:

  1. Lovely fun shape to play with! I'm enjoying using those glaze pens...again today. No teapot to share though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb....Thanks. New pottery tools are addictive!

      Delete
  2. Dearest Suzi,
    You not only live the passion of creating very unique and cute teapots; you also USE them to the fullest. We too use loose tea and tea bags. Even with the hot weather we still drink hot tea. Your frozen tea coolata with almond milk sounds very good though.
    Sending you hugs; had to catch up during off-hours as I had used all the broadband for the day period before the 4th of July. Can't view any videos as they eat up all my allowance and I did watch God Bless America (1st song) one more time before I put it into my Independence post again... So I paid a price for it!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette.....Loose tea is definitely the best. The varieties are enormous and tasty. Most tea bags are made with fannings.
      Happy Fourth!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Gary....Thanks. We'll see Grasshopper......we'll see.

      Delete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.