Sunday, June 15, 2014

Catching Up

I've spent the last week finding stuff I had forgotten I made.  Most of it has been put away in containers as protection against kitties and dust.  Of the two the cats are the worst.  At times they appear to take an almost sadistic pleasure in knocking things off shelves and watching them go BOOM!

I know we should not anthropomorphize our animals, but at times I swear they have some sort of revenge motive or naughtiness in their hearts.  Proge has decided that all felines have a naughtenary gland located right next to the pituitary gland.

Below are two more of my small clocks.  The colors are not true as the designs have green wax on them so I can work on the backgrounds without smudging.  It takes more time but is worth it in the long run.



We had almost a week of clouds and rain this past week.  The pool is full but cool.  With the sun we're having things should warm up soon.

We have baby fish.  They're big enough so they come out from hiding under the water plants and are eating flaked food.

Kim has posted Sunday Ceramics on her site.  Go over and see what is going on in the world of clay.

Enjoy the week ahead and, as always, thanks for stopping by..........*s*

11 comments:

  1. Yay for more baby fish! Love those clocks...be sure to post pics after they're fired! Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb....There's something encouraging about baby fish. Toes crossed that the clocks come through!

      Delete
  2. I once worked as a production potter for a crazy woman that had 80 cats in the studio! I hear she has over two hundred now, can you imagine?! I loved all of them, but there is a time and a place for everything.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracey....80 cats!! How did you even get to the work areas? I love my kitties, but......

      Delete
  3. I agree, I think cats like to do things to cause mischief and then look cute so they can get away with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Lori....It's the Naughtinary Gland working overtime!

      Delete
  4. Dearest Suzi,
    Oh, we once had a male cat that did do things like that for getting attention. His favorite thing was to knock a vase over with fresh flowers... WHY?!
    You could almost see them grin... 'I gotcha!'
    Love your two clocks, they will be very fun when completely done.
    Talking about rain, both of us are thinking we're back in the tropics in Indonesia where it would rain every afternoon. So it does here, with most times thunder as well, causing my satellite internet to go off.
    But I'm now trying to catch up on blog reading.
    Sending you sunny greetings; hoping that will work both ways!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette....Kitties definitely have a 'gotcha grin!'
      I'm working on finishing stuff, but it's sunny and warm so I'm not sure how much studio I'll get in. And there is yard and garden work to catch up on after our cold wet spring.
      Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  5. I had a tom cat (Smooch) and if we went away for a weekend, when we came home he would run up to us happily as if to say YOU ARE BACK SAFELY YAY. Then he would deliberately ignore us for a couple of hours with his back to us at all times and then he would vanish for exactly one day longer than we were away. Every single time. I am sure he did it to punish us. I miss that cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim....When I hear of cats reacting like Smooch I have a really hard time believing they don't have some strange, convoluted reasoning ability.
      I had a guy once who would leave a mouse on the door step. If I didn't praise him he would continue to bring them until I did! Go figure!

      Delete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.