Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy....


......Autumnal Equinox, which officially occurs at 4:44 PM or 20:44 for those international readers who might be stopping by.




And for all the J.R.R. Tolkien fans out there, a Happy Birthday to Bilbo and Frodo Baggins.  If I were more organized I would be offering a mathom or two......perhaps next year.

We had rain all night and for the better part of the morning, but it has begun to clear.  The clouds are quickly heading west.  It's going to get cool again tonight, but not cold enough for frost.

My one large surviving dahlia has begun to bloom.  The rain knocked the stem of this bloom around so I brought it inside to enjoy.


Fall is coming.  There is a flock of grackles grakeling around the pond and woods.  They are loving the pond.  This is an unexpected benefit to having a water feature in the yard.  I hope we'll be seeing many more birds coming through.

I'm supposed to be writing my artist's statement for my upcoming show.....which I will find many and all excuses to avoid doing.  I don't like to say too much about my stuff as I believe that once I put it out in  the world it should speak for itself.  What a viewer brings is as important as what I give.

I think my computer keyboard needs cleaning!

Enjoy the day!  As always, thanks for stopping by.........*s*





20 comments:

  1. I want to see more details of the dragon!
    It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb....Thanks. I'm pretty pleased with the dragon (Drogon). I'll try to post a few more photos.

      Delete
  2. Good to be able to visit your site again. My PC warned your previous post because of a link to ceramic art site! They must have got virus or hacker! I love watching bird bathing. So relaxing. I have shared my own artist statement on the Friday post. Lots of people said they like my statement during the show! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to be able to visit your site again. My PC warned your previous post because of a link to ceramic art site! They must have got virus or hacker! I love watching bird bathing. So relaxing. I have shared my own artist statement on the Friday post. Lots of people said they like my statement during the show! ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Midori....It's nice to have you back. I'm not quite sure why there would be a warning on the Mud Colony post. As far as I know there hasn't been a problem there.

      I should have read your statement before I started mine. Perhaps I'll post is in a few days.

      Delete
    2. It seems ceramic art daily is hacked. The link goes to a spam! : O

      Delete
  4. Happy Equinox! Beautiful dahlia :) !
    Rain here too, was much needed so very thankful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy.....Thanks. The dahlias feel like a real treat as most of them rotted.
      Hope you get enough rain to solve water shortages.

      Delete
  5. good luck with that artist statement... i despise writing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele....I truly believe that work should not need an artist's statement.

      Delete
  6. Dearest Suzi,
    You're quite an artist, a writer and enjoying your garden to the fullest. Love your dahlia; what a huge flower. Glad you rescued it and put it near your pet dragon.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette.....Thank you. Happily there are more dahlias on the way. I like very much that you called Drogon my pet.....he's staying here.

      Delete
  7. Yes, it suddenly feels like autumn here too. A dry chill was in the air when I took the pup for her morning walk, it felt so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori....Chilly nights and warm days. I am just hoping we have no frost for a while!

      Delete
  8. Haven't seen to many grackles yet, but I do notice the birds are really flocking up now...and it's darn windy today. Love the spash in your yard. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Corinne...It was windy here yesterday as the sky cleared; a cold front came in. I hope we get more migrating birds.

      Delete
  9. NO kidding fall is coming, I am freeeeeeezing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gary....You and me both! Let's hope winter stays in the far north where it belongs!

      Delete
  10. we are having some really great fall mornings. Goodness you have to love this time of the year.I know I do- open windows and chilly mornings...this is my weather.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Meredith....I agree; I am definitely a 3-season person! We are having a week of great weather....cool nights, sunny days in the low 70's with low humidity.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.