Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Look What Happened!

I woke up this morning to snow!  And tomorrow is the first day of spring.  It's raining now and has half melted everything.  It all looks quite bleak!




This is a zeppole, or zeppoli, or zeppola.  Whatever you call it it's delicious.  There are many recipes using a ricotta based dough, deep fried with powdered sugar.  Around here they are made with a pate a choux  dough, filled with pastry cream, sprinkled with sugar and topped with a maraschino cherry.  For St. Patrick's Day Irish whisky is added to the pastry cream.  We do combine holidays here.


I've brought some clay upstairs to do a little handbuilding.  My studio is just too cold.  I guess with age I've become a real wuss.  I was so excited when the temps went up for a few days I got carried away and moved everything downstairs.  I swear by next winter I will rig something to block off the studio and make it feasible to heat it.  Anything above 60 will be fine.

 No peas being planted on St. Patrick's Day this year.  One good thing is that so much rain will keep the well and water supply in good condition for the coming summer.

As always, thanks for stopping by..............*s*

8 comments:

  1. Oh that looks good, the pastry, not the snow, I hope it's your last snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about a small electric space heater? I got mine at Lowe's for under $30 and in the middle of winter when it was cold, it made it bearable and heated up a corner of my garage studio pretty fast. Hope it warms up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So where's the handbuilding pics! Enquiring minds want to see....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Us too..... Last year I was broasting in the heat, this year we are freezing. Just started the woodstove, woodpiles getting low. 17 F. With the windchills..... Have to say I am ready for Spring! Great to hear robins in the morning, Spring can't be far off. Love the plate under the zeppole!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori....Me too!

    Hi Amy....I have a good heater; I just need to block off the greater part of the space I'm in.

    Hi Mr. Young.....Stuff is coming....I promise!

    Hi Sandy....It was 18F here this morning; at least the sun is out.

    Hi Gary....I think it's WORSE at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claudia....It's pate a choux with pastry cream filling.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.