Friday, October 5, 2012

Some Say The World Will


END IN FIRE.....

But for potters fire is the end that results in something new and unique.  So our worlds do not end in fire, but rather are a step along a sometimes tortuous path to finishing.  



As you may have guessed, I am getting ready to fire the kiln.  I was going to fire tonight, but it's supposed to be in the mid seventies all week end.  Sun but in the fifties by Monday so I think I'll wait.

A dragon and toes crossed to insure that all goes well.

Meanwhile we are going to put the leaf mesh on the pond, plant a few more day lilies and bulbs.  Sunday, which predicts rain I am going to be cleaning out the back storage area so the electrician and kiln repair guys can help me figure out how to get Little Sister ( 3 1/2 cu. ft. kiln) up and running again.

May all of you who are doing shows, open studios etc. have happy, profitable week ends, and everyone else.....ENJOY AUTUMN!

This post is also over at Mud Colony.  If you follow the link you will find many interesting potters there.

As always, thanks for stopping by..............*s*

7 comments:

  1. We've had rain all week off and on, nice to have cooler weather to fire in, good luck with all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's time for the fire *smile*. Here it's raining and raining.
    Have a nice weekend.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cloudy with a chance of rain and a cold front moving in. That is the prediction for Sunday, when of course, I have my one and only outdoor show of the year! C'est la Vie....
    Let's see that dragon when it's finished, looks wonderful sitting in the kiln :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Suzi,

    Have a happy weekend yourself after all the projects that are on your list. Yeah, the weather is not always cooperating with our plans.
    Hugs to you,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, is all that going to be fired in the kiln?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda....We are getting a few days of sun....then more showers and much cooler temps. Good firing weather!

    Hi Elna....Sun at last. Enjoy a cozy weekend.

    Hi Tracey....Toes crossed that the rain will hold off. Dress warmly.

    Hi Mariette....You can't change Mother Nature....it's good we can't completely control our lives.

    Hi Amy....Yes, and a shelf is going in on top of that. Big Mama is 7&i/2 cu. ft. It takes a lot to fill it when I do a run of small stuff. One more reason for getting Little Sister up and running again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the dragon, I didn't know you made them.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.