Sunday, April 29, 2012

Choose.....

.......an identity.  I always look at the posting info and think how interesting it would be to slip on an identity the way we dress.  With the choice would come the ability to see through different eyes, by a different light.

Ahem....I have just come through a major migraine.  Everything always seems a little wonky after what feels like a long siege.

The fish and the poppy are two more views from the test bowl I did.  The colors are stronger than in the photo.  I cropped a lot, no sense in looking at cracks.  The crawl is more evidence of an unclean surface when I glazed.  Majolica does have its quirks!



A sunny day, but a little cooler compared to the weather we have had lately.  At least most of the wind has died down.  Yesterday was not pleasant even though it was sunny.  Tomorrow I am going to put the pool pump and filter in.  I won't be swimming for a while, but I don't want to end up with a swamp!

Hope sales and life are going well for everyone.

Thanks for stopping by...............*s*

6 comments:

  1. Love the fish and poppy. I admire you ceramists who must take what comes out of the kiln, good, bad and indifferent. At least I can paint or collage over something I'm not happy with!

    Cheers and I hope the migraine fog lifts soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do feel your pain with migraines. They really do consume the body. If it is in anyway helpful, I did out grow mine. I hope you do also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth....thanks...one of the things I like about majolica is the possibility of refiring. OTOH refiring is a crap shoot....sort of a case of what is there to lose?

    Hi Patti....being a woman of a certain age, I have largely outgrown migraines. This one was due to allergies which have been early and fierce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom suffers from migraines, the kind where she can't be in the light, sees flashing before her eyes and the pain makes her nauseous. They are no fun at all, I'm so glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad you are doing better, don't know if this will help but my Gary used to get migraines all the time, he gave up chocolate, drinks with caffeine and cheese and slowly weaned himself off of all the excedrin he was taking and rarely has headaches any longer and hasn't had a migraine in years. Now he can occasionally have some chocolate and cheese but doesn't drink caffeinated drinks any longer.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.